So a while ago I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. I figured this would make a good post to schedule for this week since I’m sunning it up in Malta and unable (probably) to do my weekly reviews (since writing this I got a second nomination so I’m sneakily editing it to respond to both!).
I want to thank Matthew over at Matt-in-the-Hat and LitaKino at LitaKino Anime Corner for nominating me. Matthew has a variety of posts related to games and anime as well as posts as part of the OWLS community. Lita is also part of the OWLS community and does loads of fun posts about anime and videos too. She’s also doing a May Manga challenge. You should head over to both of their blogs and check them out.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
About the Award
The award was created by Okoto Enigma
Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
Facts About Me
- I work in the games industry. I studied 5 years at university to do this and at the moment work primarily on mobile phone games.
- I recently started doing a psychology course. After getting a magnificent D in my A-Levels I decided to revisit it and I’m doing a Level 3 diploma. It was one of my biggest regrets, getting that grade and deciding not to resit the paper I failed.
- My dad was born in Malta so I’m super excited to be checking out a bit of my family’s history.
- If you play video games, what is your favorite game?
This changes so frequently, depending on the current game I’m obsessed with. For long term favourites, I’d have to say FFXIV and FFVIII. For recently it’s obviously Persona 5.
- What fictional character represents you (from cartoon, anime or etc.)
Again, I don’t really have one. I used to adore Rinoa from FFVIII and use her as my avatar, but lately I use Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket. Her outlook on life is one I wish I had more of; I’m too much of a negative thinker.
- Do you have a song that makes you happy?
Not really. I have Tim McGraw as my go-to artist, but not explicitly to make me happy.
- What is your pet peeve?
Indecisiveness, people eating loudly, people walking slowly, people… Depending on my mood it can change.
- What would you rather have: The ability to have fly or breathe underwater?
- What is an anime you can watch over and over? Never get bored with it?
I think Yuri on Ice is probably one that I could rewatch over and over.
- Who in anime would you want to date?Souta Tawara from Poco’s Udon World.
- Favourite Sweet Dessert?
Anything chocolate! Like anything! Or cheesecake… I love desserts.
- What has blogging done for you? Given you confidence? Become a place of Sanctuary?
I found a place to put down my thoughts and a place to just write. I used to do a lot of RP writing forums but the pressure to reply quickly didn’t fit with my life so I had to call it quits. It took me a long time to find something to write about but it’s my little corner of the internet to mess about in!
- What is one manga you love to death? Fruits Basket! There was never any chance I’d pick something else!
My Best Post
This I have three that I’m pretty proud of. First is a personal post about an anime related cross stitch I’m working on, the second is a review of Erased, and the third is a post on Opening Sequences!
I would do this, but I’m not actually here to comment on their blogs and notify them, so instead I’m going to list 10 blogs you should check out!
- 100 Word Anime
- Wretched And Divine
- Plain Pasta and Plain Rice
- The Lily Garden
- Lethargic Ramblings
- All Hail Haruhi
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero
- Thoughts That Move
- Two Happy Cats
In case any one wants to carry this on, here’s some questions for you to answer!
- What’s your all-time favourite anime or manga?
- Which do you do more of: reading manga or watching anime?
- What got you started with anime/manga?
- Any words of wisdom for fellow anime bloggers?
- (Odd one!) There’s two rooms and you have to pick which one to spend a week in. You can either go in a room with nothing to do other than reading manga or another which will have anime playing for 18 hours a day, which would it be?